Dry Curry Prawns Recipe
Chef Bernard Henry shares this recipe for Dry Curry Prawns. Wine selections from Ms. Jane Hermansen of the Greater Washington Wine School, GWWSLLC@aol.com.
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 Pound of large shrimp
- 1/2 Cup of coconut milk
- 5 Shreds of red chili
- 7 Sweet basil leaves
- 2 Kaffir lime leaves
- 1-2 teaspoons of red curry paste
- 1/2 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1/2 Cup of mushrooms, sliced in half
- Chicken stock
- Garnish: Chiffonade of kaffir lime leaves and julienne of red peppers
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Stir fry the red curry paste until fragrant and then add the mushrooms and shrimp. Add chicken stock if needed.
- Add sugar, fish sauce, and coconut milk.
- Add red chilis, lime leaves, and basil leaves.
- Season with salt.
- Fleur de California 2006 PINOT NOIR (Carneros, California)
- Sherwood Estate 2007 SAUVIGNON BLANC (Marlborough, New Zealand)
- Tablas Creek Vineyard 2006 CÔTES DE TABLAS BLANC (Paso Robles, California)