Tilapia and Chutney Recipe
Chef Bernard Henry shares this recipe for Tilapia with Fresh Cilantro Chutney. Wine selections from Ms. Jane Hermansen of the Greater Washington Wine School, GWWSLLC@aol.com.
Yield: 2 Servings
- 1 cup of packed, chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 large kiwi, peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large clove of garlic, peeled
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped jalapeno chile
- 2 6-to-7-ounce Tilapia fillets
- Ground cumin
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Coarsely purée the first 5 ingredients in a processor to make chutney.
- Season chutney with salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle fish with salt, pepper, and cumin.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté until just opaque in the center, about 5 minutes per side.
- Transfer tilapia to plates. Top with chutney.
- Martin Codax ALBARINO 2007 (Rias Baixas, Spain)
- Chateau Ste Michelle SEMILLON 2005 (Columbia Valley, Washington State)
- New Gewurz 2007 GEWURZTRAMINER (Healdsburg, California)