- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 pound squid, cut into 1-to-2-inch pieces
- Combine all ingredients except squid in a plastic bag. Add squid and shake well to completely cover each piece.
- Put about 1/8 of an inch of oil in the bottom of the baking pan.
- Place squid in a pan and cook in a hot oven until the squid crisps and turns golden, about 10-15 minutes.
***If desired, you can reduce the oil and turn squid once during cooking.